The specific objectives are:
- To train students on the socio-economic aspects of crop and livestock production
- To develop data on crop and livestock production in Nasarawa State and Nigeria in general
- To expose students to the relationship between human needs and resources, farm production system and the environment.
- To train needed manpower consistent with the requirement of an integrated research extension system and the environment.
- To accelerate the diffusion and mass adoption of new technologies among farmers in Nasarawa State and Nigeria as a whole, through effective linkage with the State ADP
- To develop training facilities or methods and communication technologies for imparting new farming skills to Nigerian farmers.